Thursday, May 3, 2012

Intuition

I had considered writing this week's "I" word about the "Inquisition"....
because ...........
(shrieking music fanfare)

"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!" 

What with mostly all the tortures and death tallied, it was mostly women who were killed ....
and looking back at the  historical demographic of women...
those ladies who kept (and still keep) families together and grounded in spiritual traditions...

No wonder the Catholic Church wanted to limit women, breaking them, would then break families and make them all rely on the Church for their needs.

But... I just didn't have the heart for that tragic story.

Women have Heart. 

But I do have heart to talk about Intuition.
 

Women have Intuition.  
Lots and lots and lots of it. 

And so do I.  Intuition is like a 6th sense. 
So that led me to my topic today:


Intuition

Creative people have long listened to their intuition when in the process of creating artwork, music, literature and even cooking.
Artists often follow their inner guidance to express themselves. They follow the path of intuition, going on "hunches" and "gut feelings". 

"A good artist lets his intuition lead him wherever it wants." ~ Lao-Tzu


Even Scientists have seen the benefits of tapping their intuitive feelings: 

"I believe in intuitions and inspirations...
I sometimes FEEL that I am right. 
I do not KNOW that I am."~ Albert Einstein


Intuition has also proven to be an excellent defense mechanism:

"Intuition is always right in at least two important ways:
It is always in response to something.
It always has your best interest at heart." ~ Gavin de Becker

"Trusting our intuition often saves us from disaster." ~ Anne Wilson Schaef


But what IS Intuition?

From the dictionary is says:

1. Direct perception of truth, fact, independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.
2. A fact, truth, perceived in this way.
3. A keen and quick insight.
4. The quality or ability of having such direct perception or quick insight.

INTUITION

Do you have it?
Are we, as humans, born with it?
Can we develop what intuition we have?

I believe the answer to all three of these questions is a resounding YES!

My intuition ability is very strong. I usually know when an important phone call is coming through. I know who’s on the other end. I can feel when someone I know/love is upset or needs me- even though no word has been sent. I knew the moment when my grandfather died-even though I was miles away at the time.I know when someone misses me or wants me. I can feel their cry for help or love.

I have often surprised and confounded men I love, simply by "knowing things", without cause or proof. 
I just KNOW...that's all. This skill was backed up by this following quote (and I had to laugh when I saw it): 

"God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met." ~ Farrah Fawcett

I think Intuition is actually what we’d call “instinct” in our animal friends. Maybe we needed this skill way back when we were hunters & gatherers and couldn't "phone home" to the cave dwelling family at home to say that the hunting party was delayed/chased by the tiger it was hunting...
Who knows?

Although, our instinct or intuition has become clogged with daily life, shrouded from us by the interference of other radio wave frequencies (cell phones/TV/internet/radio) that we often times do not hear it, much less react to the information that we are given.

It’s VERY important that we tune into our messages. It is a skill that humans are LOSING. 

What someone is saying to you can come clearly through to you, even without their words, but with their body language or with their thoughts. Messages may come to you during the day and in our dreams, from a song, a sign, these are all important, UNSAID communication.

Think of it as humans "texting" each other....w/o a cell phone.


Intuition is NOT the next step of Evolution.

NO. It's POWER we have been given since humans began... but a power that many fail to use!!

The next time you get a thought to call someone, do so. And then simply ask them, "I was just thinking of you, were you just thinking of me?" Start to document your accuracy level.

Do you get an idea sometimes, and act on it and then are successful with solving that problem? 
This is Intuition at work! Those are the same niggling little thoughts that say, "Call him/her!" or "Stop here!" or "Do it Now!" These little inner feelings, heart voices and transmissions ARE communicating to you. 

Determine if it's really Intuition: 

Ask yourself : Are the messages are for your/their "Greatest and Highest Good?"
If so? LISTEN and DO. 

Put it this way....I know that when I DON'T follow my intuition, disaster is sure to follow. 




"I feel there are two people inside me- me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow here, we get along quite nicely." ~ Kim Basinger


"Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way." ~ Ray Bradbury


My pen is on the paper, Ray. I'm just waiting for the next inspiring message.


Thanks for reading. :)


Definition found at: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/intuition
More resources can be found hither:  http://www.awakening-intuition.com

No comments: