Friday, August 24, 2012

Q is for Quartz: Merlyn's Magick Crystals!

Quartz crystals have long been revered as magickal items.
It is considered to be the "Universal Crystal".
It is a mineral rock formation that is present and abundant on earth.
Quartz is natural silicone and sometimes spoken of as the "Ice of the Gods".

There are many different kinds of naturally forming rock crystals. Generally, they are clear and translucent. But some, like Jasper are opaque.

I usually put out a pile of crystals when I give my card readings. They help to give me clarity, dispel negative energy and support me in the readings that I share.

Generally, I feel compelled to pick up one or more certain crystals when I am working with someone on their reading, or I pick up a stone/gem before or after in the interim between readings. They calm me and help to focus my energy.

I have taken a few pictures of my favorite Quartz (many varieties below) and the pictures are ok, but really don't do them justice on how they feel or the clarity of their color...
but here you go....

These are some of the ones I use most:

Citrine
I use this stone A LOT. It really helps me to feel instantly better. I chose this particular Citrine by the "feel" of it. It sent tingles through my entire hand and emanated up my forearm. That was definately the one for me!
Citrine helps to dispel negative feelings and aids in digestion problems. It is also said that it "gives joy and love to the owner."
It is said to remove fear and to prevent nightmares.
It is a guardian of sorts. I would agree.
This stone makes me feel "happier" when I hold it. :)


Rose Quartz
Called the "Love Stone."
I received my first Rose Quartz (the small tumbled smooth one in the picture) at my Renewal of Vows to my husband, Harry, on our first year married, by the officiator of the ceremony.
This stone gives a feeling of well being, and yes, even self worth.
It is a good stone to give anyone, especially those that are young, those in love,  or even those who are in need of some self esteem enhancement.
The bigger one here is a favorite to hold. It feels so GOOD.


Amethyst

This is a Power stone.
Originally it was called on to "protect the wearer from drunkeness."
Indeed, it's name means "Without drunkeness" and is used to protect against poison.
I once gave this beautiful stone to a friend of mine who was having problems with his own heavy drinking. He carried it as a "worry stone" in his pocket and seemed to help him get his act together.
Ancinet Egyptians used this stone to ward against fearful or guilty feelings. Indeed, it is a stone that can help you relax and promotes rest. Put it under your pillow for sweet, restful sleep. When gently rubbed against your forehead, it can help to eliminate headaches.
This is a most beauteous stone, and the picture does not do it justice. Plus there is a sweet natural carving on this stone that fits my thumb to rub back and forth in a soothing manner. It was made for me, it seems.

Smoky Quartz
This is a Grounding stone. When Harry and I had our first official "date", we wound up at an Alternative bookstore. We ended up buying some stones on a whim. It was prophetic.
We both bought smoky quartz for ourselves as a gift to each other, without at the time realizing their importance or their significance.
Smoky Quartz is a stone of Endurance, Personal Pride, and Creativity in Business. It is also connected with the "sounds of the Universe."
Not a bad gem rookie choice for "two musicians in love who wanted to be a force for good and for a business partnership as well." :)

Jasper (in particular, Picture Jasper)
 This is a stone of the Earth, even so far as depicting the earth in it's designs. A most beautiful stone, with many varieties and markings. It is a stone that helps you commune with nature and it's beauty and to be one with the Earth. It is also for Creativity, Cleansing and for the Immune system.
This is a beautiful piece. So beautiful that I had an jeweler friend of mine make it into a necklace.
It reminds me of a fanciful landscape with rocks and trees and ...fairies.

Adventurine
A stone for LUCK.
Green Adventurine is known for being a bringer of Luck!
Blue Adventurine is for a positive mental outlook and for self discipline.
Both make me feel quite good when I hold them. Both stones are said to stabilize emotions.
A good stone to give teenagers and menopausal women :)


Geodes
I have several Geodes and basically, I love them as I feel they "give off beauty."
Indeed they are thought to be "Radiators".
These stones remind me that "You can't judge a book by its cover."
On the outside, they look just like plain old ugly rocks....
 But on the inside they are brimming with a delicate, cut glass beauty, not revealed until opened.


I like to be reminded of this when giving readings.
Sometimes the person you are helping to counsel, is like a geode.
Beautiful deep within, unreleased....but with a crusty, hard plain shell on the outside.
It is a defense mechanism to protect.
It is my duty to remind them to SHINE.
These stones are also used to promote fertility and to attract LOVE.

Then of course, there are the Quartz crystals that we all know and love....

This big one has an interesting groove in it that also fits my index finger and when I hold it, it gives me tingles and calms me immediately.


This one is a sweet "pocket sized" crystal with a wee baby crystal on its base.


Well, I hope that this helps you!

Here is a pic of some of my beautiful stones mentioned above:

Here are some fun links for you to do your own "digging" :)


http://www.shimmerlings.com/gemstones/quartz.htm

http://www.kacha-stones.com/quartz_crystals_properties.htm

http://mairingrauld.webs.com/stonesandmetals.htm

No comments: